A Good Reputation: What does the Bible tell us about developing a good reputation? These 5 steps are very useful in DEVELOPING and MAINTAINING our reputation; as in any business environment…our reputation is our calling card.
1. Represent yourself – Matthew 5:37 – All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’…anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
2. Be a life-long learner – 2nd Timothy 2:15 – Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
3. Always work hard – Thessalonians 4:11- And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
4. Consider the wiser form – 1st Tim 3:7 – And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
5. Do not be tempted – James 1:13-16 – When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death…
Whatever we do; whatever we say… do so for the benefit… and glory of God… first and foremost. Then, everything else… will fall into place… according to God’s will. This applies to every facet of our life…our work life, our social life, our family life… and our spiritual life.