Time is running short! …Well…. At least for some of us. Who and when… remains for time to tell. But, either way…. The clock is running. Our lives are like a roll of toilet paper…. Only “so many squares on a roll.” There is only so much time available to each of us… an exact allotment. Let us not be fooled… good deeds, by themselves, are WORLDLY ….. and not enough.
We are told in…James 2:18 – But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. James 2:24 – You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
Here are a few thoughts to ponder.
- What are we doing to improve the status of those around us?
- What are we doing to give encouragement to others?
- What legacy will we leave behind?
- Are we parenting according to God’s word?
- Are we trying to “improve” our own KNOWLEDGE?
- Are we really doing our best?
- Are we accepting responsibility for our actions, both as followers and leaders?
- Are we prepared to accept the consequences of failure, and the thrill and responsibility of success?
- Are we living our lives in such a manner that our children and family are proud of us?
- Are we giving more than we are receiving?
- Are we a good steward of our Time, Treasure and Talents?
- Are we living by the “Golden Rule?”
- Are we “going about,” according to Matthew 28:19? – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
- Are we “loving our neighbor” as ourselves?
- Have we surrendered to the Great Leader, Teacher, and Motivator?
Each of “us” have the answer to these questions, and we’re the only one that can affect the outcome. What say you?