There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community…. As told to us in Proverbs 6:16-19.
Let’s take a closer look at these dreadful things…
- Haughty eyes: This would be pride, arrogance… all about ‘me.’
- Lying tongues: This is someone who is telling us that the ‘truth’ is just not important.
- Hands that shed innocent blood: This is not just about killing… it’s also the destruction of someone’s life, self-esteem, and value.
- A Heart the devises wicked schemes: This is a person who does whatever it takes to get what they want… at all costs.
- Feet that are quick to evil: This is someone who finds ‘sin’ to be a comfortable choice.
- A False witness: This is someone who ‘slanders, gossips, and consider themselves as ‘judge and jury’ …above all others.
- A person who stirs up Conflict: This person is in constant turmoil, strife, conflict, unrest, discord, and loves to complain and rumble. They’re unhappy and frustrated… never finding contentment.
We are told in John 17:17 where Jesus says… “Sanctify them in the TRUTH; your words is truth.” In other words… Christian unity is grounded in the TRUTH… God’s Holy Word. When we place ourselves above and ahead of everyone else… even before God… we are living a non-truth… we are anti-God.
Remember… evil begets evil. If we sleep with the evil one… we will wake up evil. We must be accountable for our actions. And, while God is a ‘forgiving God,’ He is also holds us accountable. Truth is love. Truth is hope. Truth is happiness. Truth is contentment. Truth is unity. Truth is living for God.
We cannot hold hands with satan every day of our lives, and expect Jesus to remember who we are on Judgement Day. The ‘choice is simple.’ Eternity with satan… or with the God who loves us. One is built on sin, evil, and hatred… the other is built on love, compassion, truth, humility and forgiveness.
How do others view us? Do they see the image of Jesus, or the evil one? It is easy to identify the evil one… as we have that ‘inner voice’ who is telling us…. Stay away. Don’t get involved with this person, place, or event. It is not even a case of ‘knowing all about the bible,’… no…no. It is a simple case of listening to our ‘inner being’… which is the “love, compassion, truth, humility and forgiveness” … which is the ‘gift of the Holy Spirit’ … instilled in each of us. Just LISTEN…. we are not alone.
Many blessings as we, together, seek the TRUTH in Our Lord God, Jesus Christ…. Cjlb… 8/17/2018