The United States, it is often said, is the “greatest country in the world.” Our ship is about to “sink” as a result of ENTITLEMENTS. The founding of Jamestown, America’s first permanent English colony, in Virginia in 1607 – 13 years before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth in Massachusetts – sparked a series of cultural events that helped shape the nation and the world. The government, language, customs, beliefs and aspirations of these early Virginians are all part of the United States’ heritage today. Captain John Smith became the colony’s leader in September 1608 – the fourth in a succession of council presidents – and established a “no work, no food” policy. This is a policy that our country could well entertain today…..because today, our country is living off the future of our children, our grandchildren, and all future generations. Our Country’s FUTURE is paying for the entitlements of today. SOLUTION: VOTE the RASCALS…. O-U-T. The following 5 issues are worth pondering.
1. It is not possible to legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything, that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that there is no use in working because somebody else is going to get half of what they work for; that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
2 Thessalonians 3:10-11 – For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies.…