Commencement Speech: This is the time of year for all the high-school and college graduates to hit the street. About 70% of the 2017 high school graduates will go on to college come September. The remaining 30% will be entering the workforce if they’re lucky… and can land a job.
I’ve NEVER given a commencement speech, nor have I ever been asked. But… if I were …here are “THIRTY Tips” for those soon to be college graduates, and those soon to be high school graduates… and those others who are entering the workforce. These tips will enhance your chances of early… and sustained success.
My TIPS are:
- Never, ever, be deceptive.
- Never, ever, take a position unless you intend to give it 100% of you skill-sets.
- Never, ever, compromise your moral standards.
- Never, ever, develop a social relationship with your superior(s).
- Never, ever, arrive late for work, meeting, appointments, or other commitments.
- Never, ever, accept NO… as an answer….and, never give up.
- Never, ever, allow anyone to curse you. (If it persists…then find another job).
- Never cuss, never smoke, never drink, and never mess around.
- Always ASK, if you don’t ASK, the answer will always be NO.
- Always put God… FIRST.
- Always answer your phone.
- Always avoid confrontation(s).
- Always leave family, or personal matters at home.
- Always be available to assist, or mentor those who need it… or ask for it.
- Always DRESS appropriately, and maintain good hygiene.
- Always maintain decorum, respect, civility, and a dash of humility.
- Always keep your word.
- Always try to have fun.
- Always try to keep a smile on your face.
- Always put family second, others next, and yourself… LAST.
- Always take care of your body, therefore …your health.
- Always keep yourself in a ‘self-improvement’ regime.
- Always stay abreast of changes in your chosen fields.
- Always conduct yourself according to the Golden Rule.
- Always avoid luncheon meetings with the opposite sex.
- Always project the Image of God…. In all that you do.
- Always love your neighbor as yourself.
- Always keep holy the Sabbath.
- Always seek and extend forgiveness.
- Always stay in touch with Mom and Dad.
… Blessings…cjlb … 5/27/2017